“Without women empowerment, India cannot progress” ~ Shri Narendra Modi
- Did you know that among the 1.4 million people all over the world who are living below $1 a day, about 70% are women and girls?
- Did you know that women account for around 2/3rd of the world’s working hours and earn only 10% of the world’s income?
- Did you know that women produce HALF of the world’s food and own only 1% of its land? And of the 900 million adults worldwide who cannot read or write, about 2/3rd are women!? Need we add more?
Do we have to underline the fact that when we empower girls, everybody benefits, the nation benefits? They transform communities yet the reality remains that women are treated as second-class citizens. We give you 4 reasons why empowering the girl child can be a revolutionary decision we will never regret.
- Adding force to the employed sector: Women constitute around 50% of the world’s population and an enormous portion of this populace is unemployed. This unequal opportunity for women at workplaces and even at home may be one of the reasons why the world economy has been suffering. When women are empowered and educated, they have a lot more earning potential, thus adding to a nation’s GDP growth and numbers to the betterment of the economy.
- They are more competent & intelligent: Needless to say, women who are only considered the weaker sex are in reality extremely competent. Today, women, in several socio-economic undertakings are way ahead of men. Women and girl child empowerment India will add to competitive environment for both sexes.
- They are a talented lot: Women are as talented as men are, probably more! Haven’t you witnessed how efficiently they run their households? Formerly, when women were not allowed higher education like men, their talents were wasted. However, at the moment, they are not only allowed to undertake higher studies, it encourages and empowers women to demonstrate their talents which not only advance her individually but also makes her ready for action to take on the world.
- All-inclusive progress of the society & financial benefits: The foremost benefit of women and girl child empowerment India is that there will be a complete development of the society. The money they earn will not only help them to be independent, but also their families to be sufficient and thus the society as a whole.
Women and girl child empowerment leads to additional economic benefits not only to individual, their families but also the society. Women get out of their houses to earn like the male members. Money enable them to stand on their feet and earn for their families which helps boost the country’s economy.
Beti Padhao, Beti Bachao!
Literally meaning ‘Educate the Girl Child, Save the Girl Child’ the Beti Padhao, Beti Bachao Scheme is an ambitious scheme of the Government of India. It is intended to generate massive awareness, improvement of quality of welfare services for females and helping them access these services better.
There is an urgent need to change this archaic mindset of the patriarchal society which views girls as liabilities. Girls are in no way less than boys! When given the right chances to nurture their talent and skills, they have it in them to excel in all areas of life. It is therefore imperative that all of us work in cohesion to spread the message of saving and educating the girl child to lay the foundation for girl child empowerment.